Monday, January 4, 2010

Random Central Texas Photographer

Jesh De Rox, one of the most amazing photographers and souls to have graced this earth, wrote on Twitter
"openly sharing what's important to you will repel those who aren't interested in you and attract those who are."
Amen.
Blogging is a big part of the photography industry. It's an opportunity for potential clients (and random blog stalkers...hiiiii!) to get to know the REAL you. Eek, that scares the poo outta me. Who the heck wants to hear about me and my boring life? However, for the sake of my darling little business, here I am Internet World. Take me as I am. If you don't like me, please rid of me. If you do like me (yay!), please read more, view more, make sure I'm THE photographer you want, then book me... like yesterday.

So to get the party started for 2010, here's some random little facts about me. Random, they are. I wanted to keep it real & casual for round one. Get to know the Real Rebecca. Don't judge...or I'll punch you in the ear. Seriously, don't judge....

FACT 1.) I have stared at this computer screen for 15 minutes trying to come up with my first fact. No joke.

FACT 2.) Gerber daisies are my favorite flower. Two people have given them to me.
-my ex husband.
- a drunk groomsman at a wedding this summer. He hand picked it for me, which is the best. So thanks. I think???
I hope to receive daisies from someone who truly cares one day.

FACT 3.) Photography and sports are my passions. They rock my world more than most things on this earth. I am my biggest critic and question myself in the photography realm. Daily. Sometimes I wonder if I missed my calling with coaching. Sometimes I talk to friends about it. Sometimes I talk to God about it. However, no matter my personal criticism, God reassures me daily that I have a talent that I need to share with others. For now, this is where He wants me. My critiquing is a blessing in disguise, I suppose.

FACT 4.) I wake up each morning thinking one of two things.
-Either VERY nervously realizing that this is the only life I will ever have, and this life is incredibly short. It seriously scares me crapless.
-Or I wake up thinking of a certain person. The same person almost every morning. (Yes, luckily, I don’t wake up in a panic about life each morning.) You can assume this person is in a romantic notion... but it's not. Good try, but the world may never know.

FACT 5.)When I pray, I carry on a conversation with God. I'm not formal. At all. I tell people "God and I talk everyday. We're cool with each other." or "Jesus is more than my homeboy". To some, that might sound childish, but to me, it's real. I desire a REAL relationship with The One who created me and knows me best. He already knows my thoughts. No need to be formal.

FACT 6.)Growing up, I was the dumb blonde in the family. The butt of most jokes. Who am I kidding? I still am. I was always told I mixed up words and had a horrible vocabulary. In all honesty, these things were all said in fun; however, I've taken them to heart, and I now try to learn at least one word, if not more, each day. www.dictionary.com is my best friend. I’ll probably use it at least 5 times in this blog. True story.

FACT 7.) I'm proofing this blog and I've used www.dictionary.com 6 times thus far... make that 7.

FACT 8.) Divorce was(is) one of my biggest fears. To me, it had failure written all over it. However, after speaking with A LOT of people, I've realized failure is success if you learn from it. In 2009, I became divorced. I learn something new from that situation daily.

FACT 9.) I never planned my wedding as a little girl. I didn't greatly enjoy planning my first wedding. However, ever since my divorce, I have started planning my next wedding. What the heck is wrong with me?!?!?

FACT 10.)I've never been in a physical fight all my life...other than spats with the siblings. I plan to never be in a physical fight. Violence is no bueno. So no worries, I won't punch you in the ear...but still... don't judge me. mmk??

FACT 11.) 11 is my favorite number.


And since Blog Posts are ALWAYS better with pictures.... WorldWideWeb, I introduce Wild Rose Pass to you. It's one of two places that I would like to get married one day. Middle of stinkin' no where overlooking beauty. I took a roadtrip to West TX in the Spring, found it, fell in love, and recently declared it as an option for a VERY intimate wedding. So brides, if you ever feel your location/venue for your wedding is wacky, who cares?!?!? It's you and your partner's day. Do as you please. And make sure you call me to capture all the wackiness on camera. Please & thank you.




I posted this blog. My friend, Matt, read it ,and I asked what his first impression would be if he were a random person. He said "NUTS". Great....... totally debating on deleting this sucker. You crazy, famous photographers that say "Share yourself more. Blog. Daily."- I am not on your team right now. If you're still reading this, lucky you. If not, lucky me.

2 comments:

MarcyKay said...

Lol!!
You go girl, great blog post! I agree it's good to put a lil bit about yourself out there. People wanna know! (especially women, we are nosy, and I am guessing for weddings its normally the woman that choose the photographer?) I know my shop does better since I put a little bit about myself out there.

I absolutely love your work, I guess I am one of those blog stalkers, LOL! Only, I come by when you post on facebook, so it's not too stalkerish cuz you send me here! Anywho, I wish we lived closer so I could get you to do family shoots for us, maybe next time we know for sure we are coming down I'll have to book ya!!

misty said...

Hey, Becca! I am blog stalking you! lol Not really, but you came across my mind today, for only reasons that God knows why, so I sent you a friend request on facebook. (Isn't technology grand?) Saw your link to your website and decided to head over and check out what you've been doing over the years. You are an amazing woman and reading your words and seeing your photos have truly blessed me tonight and I am so glad I took a look at your stuff! I miss our friendship and hope we can reconnect. I totally get everything you wrote about in this particular blog. You are in no way crazy and I don't think random ppl will think you are either. :) Be blessed and keep doin watcha do!