Monday, December 28, 2009

JPlez & Jake

I have quite a few blog stalkers that I don't know. I share personal stories about friendships attempting to show the strangers that I do have a life outside of photography...not the most exciting life, but a life none the less. I'm not just the gal who takes pics. I am a real person with real relationships. Here's another showcase of an amazing friend...



God brings special people into your life and creates a relationship that no other human or circumstance can break. I hope each and every person can experience this bond with someone in their lifetime. I am so beyond grateful that He loves me enough to have brought this person into my life. Justin is one of my best friends. Okay, so honestly(and I know my girls wont take offense to this), he is THE best friend. We have been through A LOT together, and that is an understatement. We have changed A LOT, yet our connection is probably at our strongest. I have seen Justin transform from a careless, spoiled fratboy into a mature, balanced man of God. I'm going to attempt this blog without getting too emotional & mushy gushy. He would give me hell if I did otherwise.

So it all started almost 5 years ago... in San Marcos. As Jus once pointed out, it is incredibly odd where we met considering we grew up only 3 miles apart... in Boerne. Skip pass meeting each other and all the intro, I knew the night that we played 20 questions that I had met a good guy. We sat on his couch asking each other the stupidest questions back & forth trying to avoid the awkwardness. We finally put all awkwardness aside and just clicked. Never could I have imagined then what rollercoaster ride we were climbing onto. P.S.- I HATE rollercoasters.

A couple years ago I asked God, then blatantly asked Justin why he had been brought into my life. I was mad cause I just didn't get it. During that season of life, our puzzle pieces weren't quite fitting together properly. I knew Jus was supposed to be in my life, but didn't understand it at the moment. I became frustrated and tried kicking Justin out of my life...many times. His stubborn butt just wouldn't go away. :) However, this year has brought on a brand new understanding - God has a funny sense of humor and it has taken me a while to get my answer. It's still not completely clear, but this year has brought me a new appreciation towards Justin. I shot his little brother's wedding in NC this summer- had a blast with their family & friends. During that time, I saw a new side to Justin. It all made sense. About a week after the wedding, I wrote Jus a note. Too much is too personal, but basically I came to an understanding and thanked Jus for being my absolute best friend, my solid rock, and my sanity for my time on this earth. When I'm rejoicing in some of the most exciting moments in life, he is there. When my world is falling apart, he is there. Always. We have openly admitted that we know eachother more than most, and along with that comes knowing each other's buttons. He can piss me off quicker than anyone else I know, and I supppppose I might do the same every so often. However, as he stated earlier today, regardless of what either one of us says or does... we are always back the next day. And I love waking up each morning knowing that he will be there. We talk everyday, all day. If I don't hear from him by noon, I assume he is dead. He's the one that keeps me entertained while I'm sitting at the computer editing all day. If ever he gets a job where he can't communicate all day, I am screwed...the business will fall apart due to pure boredom while editing :) My friend ,Kenzie, once asked me what Jus & I talk about all day and my answer was simply "everything", which in all honesty, means absolutely nothing. We could carry on a conversation about anything in this world. Most people don't get us and probably never will. A lovely example... He hung out with my family for a while on Christmas Day and after he left, Mom gave me the usual questions of what's the scoop on Jus & myself. I have become quite accustomed to these questions- they come from everyone. And my answer is always the same - "he is my best friend". You could spend all day trying to figure us out; however, I suggest that you don't even attempt. We share the same love for God, our dreams of a better life, art, music, the hill country, and West Texas. I'm pretty sure he is the only person who hasn't given me a weird reaction when I said I wanted to get married in West Texas at the windmill museum or overlooking Wild Rose Pass. He just gets me, and for that, I am beyond grateful.

Jus, you know all of this, cause I've said it a million times before, but I feel as if I could never say it enough. I thank God for you everyday...each morning when I wake up and each night before I close my eyes. Phillipians 1:3 is my verse to you. I pray for you everyday, probably more than I pray for myself, and I am grateful you are still a part of my life after what we've been through. Thank you for dealing with me in my lowest, whiney moments. Thank you for sharing in my exciting moments, even when they aren't that exciting to you. Thanks for believing in me & my crazy dreams, pushing me to become a better person, and supporting me to get there...always. Despite the nonsense I give you, I couldn't ask for a better friend. I love you and couldn't be more blessed to have you in my life.





The pup in the pictures is Jake. And yes, that huge monster is really a puppy...not even a year old yet. I fell in love with him when Justin started sending me his picture, before Jus had even met him. Jus, Jake, and I hung out at the river by my parents' house to grab these shots. Jake was not too fond of the water...





I might be one of Justin's best friends, but I'm pretty sure Jake has me beat. This picture shows it all :)






When Jus told me he was getting Jake, I beggggged that he name him Hunter. Don't ask, I just love that name. Justin refused to name him Hunter, I'm sure out of spite towards me. However, tell me in this picture that he doesn't look like a Hunter?!?! mmmhhmmm.








Playing fetch.




Jake chillin' at the end while getting his belly rubbed.

P.S.- I bet he looks at all the pics first before he reads this novel. He was THAT anxious & impatient to see previews.








1 comment:

McKenzie and Sam said...

It's Justin Bobby!!!!! Love the pics and the name drop..woopwoop!