Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Give Thanks

Confession of the day: I once was a tomboy.

I had my girlie tendencies but sports rocked my world. Therefore, I hung out with men more than women. Along came the life of the Army where the male figures come and go. When your certain someone is deployed, you learn to rely on the women in your life. I guess you could say I was forced to get along with women; however, it was not that way with the women that came into my life. God placed each and everyone of these women into my life for a reason. And for that, I give thanks. Never could I have imagined having so many amazing women in my life. Each and everyone of them click with me in their own unique way and hold a special place in my heart.

When it comes to the Army(which I am no longer attached to other than having amazing friends), people come and people go. Recently, they seem to be going more than coming. It saddens my heart because these people have touched my life in more ways than I could sit here and list.
One special girl is leaving me in 23 days. 23 DAYS! I'm not sure what I am going to do with myself. This girl has rocked my world from the beginning. She's sarcastic, completely inappropriate 99.9% of the time, awkward(in a good kind of way...I bet you didn't even know it existed), bluntly honest, funny, classy, a vault for sharing secrets, and a solid rock when I feel like I'm about to lose it.
She is my best friend.
I'm a ball of emotions as I think about her upcoming move. However, in all my sadness, I am grateful. I am grateful for all the memories we have created together. We have had a blast! I am grateful knowing that Missy and her husband, Chris, will be lifelong friends. Chris is just like a big brother...or sometimes even a dad.... weird, I know. If ever I screw up, you better believe he lets me know it. If there is a new man coming around, you better believe he is watching every move. Chris and Missy have been BEYOND amazing to me. I could not ask for better friends during this time of my life. I am going to miss them each and everyday. I might even think about packing up and moving to Kentucky. I'm sure there is pretty countryside that would make for some awesome pictures :) I love you guys.
Missy, you have changed my life, and for that, I am thankful. Always. ILY.

















No comments: